The 5 Essential Things You MUST Know Before Renovating Your Bathroom in Sydney
Any type of construction can be costly and bathroom renovations are no exception with prices going into the tens of thousands of dollars. If you are investing this much money into your bathroom you would want a bathroom that’s going to last for many years to come. You also would want a bathroom that meets all your needs and when finished, that is perfect for your family
I’m sure if you’re reading this, you’re prepared for the cost of renovating your bathroom but aren’t quite sure where to start or who to trust. Since renovating your bathroom is a big deal, you would want to choose a company that will produce high quality work at an affordable price.
Here are the main points to look out for when choosing a bathroom renovation company in Sydney;
- Affordability: The cost of renovating your bathroom can be high so you should always look for a package that meets your financial budget.
Many bathroom projects run into unforeseen complications such as structural damage due to moisture or termites, incorrect or insufficient existing plumbing and electrical problems. You should not over extend your budget and always allow a little movement for unforeseen variations that may arise. You can upgrade and spend the extra money once the initial electrical and plumbing roughens are completed and the walls have been sheeted or rendered.
- Qualifications: There are people out there who will offer you cheap renovations, but they may not have the correct qualifications.
Unlicensed and inexperienced companies offer cheaper prices that may seem appealing at first, however be very carful as most of these companies will cut corners at important steps such as waterproofing and plumbing. Some of these important steps such as waterproofing and plumbing can not be repaired later down the track and will require a full bathroom renovation to correct.
- Choosing the right company: There are many bathroom contractors in Sydney, so choosing the right company can be tricky.
When looking for a contractor you should look for the following;
- A fully licenced and qualified company. Ask for a copy of the licence number, then check that it is current on the service NSW website. The company should hold at least a Kitchen, Bathroom Laundry Renovators licence.
- Public liability insurance cover for at least $10 million. Check that it is in the business/company name.
- Current work cover insurance to cover accidents to staff on site
- Check online reviews and ask to speak to previous customers so you can get an idea of the quality of their work and after sales support.
- Warranty: Check the warranty that company offers on its renovations.
Full bathroom renovations should come with at least a 7-year warranty on structural work such as sheeting, waterproofing and tiling and at least 1-year warranty on fittings such as toilets, taps and vanities. Warranties should be in writing and in the contract.
- After sale support: You should look for a company that has a good after sales support system setup.
Once your new bathroom is completed and you have paid the remaining bill, you want the piece of mind that if problems arise you will receive a prompt repair service. Many new bathrooms will have small problems and require touch-ups once completed. Check that the company you choose has a maintenance division that will give you prompt service if you require minor repairs or touch ups.
After reading this article you should have a clearer understanding of the precautions that need to be taken when choosing a bathroom renovation company in Sydney. If you require further information please visit our website www.yesican.com.au.
Written by Richard Dargham